2018 Fire cracker injuries , number drops significantly

Malacañang is very pleased with the change in the statistics of 2018 fire cracker injuries.

According to DOH (Department of Health) and  Philippine National Police there were 191 firecracker-related injuries and one stray bullet case recorded in Caloocan City since Dec. 21, 2017 to Jan. 1, 2018.

Health Secretary Francisco Duque III announced this statistic  in a press conference at the East Avenue Medical Center. Duque confirmed that there was no casualty, only seven cases of amputations and no reported fireworks ingestion.

In an interview with dzMM, Roque states that even if Executive Order No. 28 was executed, it did not make the 2018 New Year less fun.

“At napatunayan natin na bagama’t napakalaking bawas po ang paputok nitong Bagong Taon, ay patuloy pa rin naman naging maligaya ang ating sambayanan,..“Oh, so hindi kinakailangan talagang magpaputol ng daliri, ng kamay… mawalan ng mata para tayo po’y magsaya sa pagpasok ng bagong taon. Napatunayan po natin ‘yan nitong bagong taon na ‘to,” he said.

According to reports, the 2018 fire cracker injuries statistics had a reduction of 68% compared to last year.

“It’s the [biggest] reduction recorded so far,” Duque said.

In June 2017, President Rodrigo Duterte signed Executive Order No. 28- REGULATION AND CONTROL OF THE USE OF FIRECRACKERS AND OTHER PYROTECHNIC DEVICES which orders that ‘firecracker use will be confined to community fireworks display “to minimize the risk of injuries and casualties.”

 

2018 Fire cracker injuries

Comments

comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *