Some fishing areas are currently on Red tide alert. The Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources (BFAR) released a list of fishing areas around the Philippines positive for paralytic shellfish poison “that is beyond the regulatory limit”.
For public’s awareness, Red tide is a harmful algae bloom (HAB) caused by certain dinoflagellates which turns water red or brown. Illnesses caused by HAB is harmful and even fatal, according to the National Ocean Service of the US.
Based on reports, BFAR notes that shellfish and alamang from the following areas are “Not Safe” to be consumed:
– Balita Bay in Mati, Davao Oriental
– Dauis in Bohol
– Daram Island in Daram, Irong-Irong Bay, Western Samar
– Cambatutay Bay in Western Samar
– Leyte and Carigara Bay in Leyte
– Pilar and Sapian Bay in Capiz
– Gigantes Islands in Carles, Iloilo
– Naval, Biliran Island Province
In addition, other aquatic life gathered from these areas must be fresh, carefully cleaned, and rid of their internal organs before they are cooked and consumed.
On the other hand, the following areas were declared FREE from toxic and red tide:
– Cavite, Las Pinas, Paranaque, Navotas, Bulacan, Bataan in Manila Bay
– Bolinao, Anda, Alaminos, Sual, and Wawa, Bani in Pangasinan
– Masinloc Bay in Zambales
– Milagros and Mandaon in Masbate
– Juag Lagoon in Matnog
– Sorsogon Bay in Sorsogon
– Honda and Puerto Bays in Puerto Princesa City
– Inner Malampaya Sound in Taytay, Palawan
– Panay, President Roxas, and Roxas City in Capiz
– E.B. Magalona, Pontevedra, Pulupandan, Valladolid, Talisay City, Silay City, Bacolod City, Hinigaran, Cadiz City, Victorias City, Bago City, Binalbagan, and San Enrique in Negros Occidental
– Maqueda and Villareal Bays in Western Samar
– Matarinao Bay in Eastern Samar
– San Pedro and Cancabato Bays in Leyte
– Dumanquilias Bay in Zamboanga del Sur
– Tantanang Bay in Zamboanga Sibugay
– Murcielagos Bay in Zamboanga del Norte and Misamis Occidental
– Hinatuan, Bislig, and Lianga Bays in Surigao del Sur
– Taguines Lagoon in Benoni Mahinog, Camiguin Island
– Altavas Batan
– New Washington in Batan Bay, Aklan
The public is warned to be vigilant on areas that are on Red tide alert.
Related topics for this article: "talisay xvideo"