The Erap Proclamation rally will happen tomorrow, March 28 at the Liwasang Bonifacio open grounds.
According to the Manila Police District’s traffic enforcement unit , some roads and streets in Manila will be closed to make way for this event. Thousands of supporters and spectators are expected to flock the Bonifacio Shrine near Manila City Hall.
Mayor Joseph Estrada and his ticket is scheduled to hold the Erap Proclamation rally in the afternoon.
Here are the affected areas for this Erap Proclamation rally. The following roads will be closed starting 3:00 pm in the afternoon.
- McArthur Bridge (Southbound) from Plaza Sta. Cruz to Magallanes Drive Extension
- Both lanes of Magallanes Drive Ext. from Postal Road to P. Burgos Avenue
- Muello Del Rio (Riverside Drive) from P. Burgos Ave. to A. Soriano Ave.
- Quezon Boulevard and A. Mendoza St. (Southbound) from Fugoso St. to P. Burgos Ave. fronting Liwasang Bonifacio
- España Boulevard (westbound) from P. Campa St. to Quezon Blvd.
Re-routing of affected commuters and private vehicles is highly encouraged.
- Vehicles coming from Rizal Ave. heading to McArthur Bridge (southbound) can use Dasmariñas St.
- Vehicles coming from Escolta St. heading to McArthur Bridge (southbound) will be directed to turn left at Plaza Sta. Cruz
- Vehicles coming from Jones flyover heading to Liwasang Bonifacio will be diverted straight to Jones Bridge
- Vehicles coming from A. Soriano shall take a U-turn going to Anda Circle
- Vehicles heading to Quezon Blvd. coming from A. Mendoza St. (Andalucia) should turn right at Fugoso St.
- Vehicles coming from Quezon City using the stretch of España shall turn right to P. Campa , left to A. Mendoza St. (Andalucia), and right to Fugoso
- Public utility jeepneys and light vehicles coming from España heading to the South Pier Zone shall turn left to Nicanor Reyes then turn right or left to C.M. Recto
There are alloted parking areas as well for this event.
- Multimodal parking area beside the Quezon Bridge,
- Stretch of Magallanes Drive from Bureau of Immigration to P. Burgos,
- Stretch of Victoria St. and the back of Bonifacio Shrine.
The program will start at 4:00 pm and Mayor Joseph Estrada is scheduled to a speech at around 6:00 pm. News reports said that Estrada may divulge the presidential candidate he will support in upcoming May 2016 elections.