Pensions for disabled workers has been upgraded by President Rodrigo Duterte. Last May 8, Tuesday he signed Executive Order No. 54.
Through this order, there will be an increase in amount of benefits as follows:
- There will be P1,150 across-the-board increase in EC monthly disability pension of all permanent disability pensioners and qualified beneficiaries in the private sector.
- For the carer’s allowance granted to EC permanent disability pensioners in both the public and private sectors was also increased from P575 to P1,000 per month.
- Reimbursement for professional fees of physicians under the EC medical benefits for employees in the private sector was also increased.
- For physical therapy sessions under the EC medical benefits for employees in the private sector from P65 per session to a maximum of P500 per session.
- SSS to continue to implement P2,000 minimum EC Monthly Disability and Survivorship pension in the private sector and grant the entitlement of primary beneficiaries of deceased permanent total disability pensioners in the private sector from 80 percent to 100 percent of the member’s monthly pension.
- Temporary Total Disability Benefits (TTD) for the Private Sector has also been improved from a minimum daily income benefit of P10 to P110 and from a maximum daily income benefit of P200 to P480. A TTD benefit may be availed by employee whose dixablity had prevented him from performing his work for a continuous period not exceeding 120 days.
Pres. Duterte has ordered Employees’ Compensation Commission, SSS and GSIS to appropriate and release the funds necessary to cover the increase in the benefits.