A Belo Medical Group pharmacy located in Muntinlupa, West Gate Alabang was padlocked by FDA (Food and Drug Administration). According to news reports, the pharmacy allegedly refused inspection and also sells 11 cosmetic/drug unregistered with FDA.
FDA personnel posted a notice at the door of the establishment.
An official statement was released by the Belo Medical Group regarding the issue. John Eric Ho, Belo Medical Group corporate communications head, said –
“We would like to clarify that it is not accurate that the pharmacy of Belo Alabang clinic was closed. FDA personnel served Summons in our Alabang Clinic, which contains an order to close the clinic’s pharmacy. However, our Alabang clinic fully cooperated and allowed the inspection of the pharmacy…Furthermore, the FDA upon inspection, found no presence of the products in question and therefore DID NOT PADLOCK the clinic as opposed to what was recently inaccurately reported,”
“We reiterate that we understand and support the FDA’s mandate and we have undertaken all necessary steps to comply…However, we would like to express our concern as to how these inspections have been conducted with the presence of the press. We feel that this is unnecessary and highly irregular” Ho added.
Last February 9, FDA already ordered Belo Medical Group to cease selling the following product as they discovered that these were not registered with them.
- ZO Medical by Zein Obagi;
- MD Glycogent Exfoliation Accelerator 10% concentration;
- ZO Medical by Zein Obagi Foamacleanse Gentle Foaming Cleanser for all types;
- ZO Medical by Zein Obagi Oclipse Sunscreen/Primer SPF 30 Protection;
- Belo Illuminating Cream Alpha Arbutin+Liquorice;
- Belo Prescriptives Keralyt 2 Cream;
- ZO Medical by Zein ObagiMD Melamix Skin Lightener & Blending Creme Hydroquinone USP 4%;
- ZO Medical by Zein Obagi MD Melanin Skin Bleaching & Correcting Creme Hydroquinone USP 4%;
- Belo Prescriptives Acne Astringent;
- Belo Prescriptives Belo White;
- Belo Prescriptives DLC Peeling Creme;
- ZO Medical by Zein Obagi MD Cebatrol
However in the second test-buy done by FDA operatives, surveillance video showed that the cashier of the pharmacy sold Php 22,000 worth of the unregistered products.