What is UMID Card?
UMID stands for the Unified Multi-Purpose ID card that will serve as the single ID card of all SSS, GSIS, PhilHealth and Pag-IBIG members.
UMID system is in compliance with Executive Order No. 420 dated April 13, 2005 which required all government agencies and government owned and controlled corporations (GOCCs) to streamline and harmonize their identification systems, and Executive Order No. 700 dated January 16, 2008 which identified the social security identification system as the core of the UMID system and directed the SSS to implement the streamlining and harmonization of the ID systems of all government agencies and GOCCs.
GSIS is the first to adopt the Unified Multi-purpose ID card.
The UMID card will
Why should I get UMID card?
- It is considered as a valid ID as Primary ID and an acceptable ID.
- To transact easily in government offices and agencies –SSS, GSIS, Pagibig and Philhealth.
- One tap on it at the GSIS Gwaps/Kiosk, you can apply for a loan, cash advance or view your account, you can use it on your SSS transactions, Pagibig and Philhealth too.
- Another benefit to the card is that you can view your SSS data at any SSS kiosk, including your employee static data, loan status and balance, premiums and history.
Where you should get and apply for your UMID Card?
- If you are a government employee, go to the GSIS Enrollment Center.
- If you are a private employee or self-employed or OFW you must be an SSS member so go to the SSS branch near you.
Click hre for list of GSIS UMID card enrollment centers
Requirements and Steps to Apply for UMID Card
1. BRING ANY OF THE PRIMARY VALID ID’S
- Driver’s License
- Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) card
- Seafarer’s Identification and Record Book, or Seaman’s book
In the absence of any of the above documents, you may present 2 of any of the documents listed below:
- Company ID
- School ID
- Postal ID
- Philhealth ID Card
- GSIS Card
- GSIS Certificate of Membership
- Tax Identification Card
- Voter’s Identification Card
- NSO Birth Certificate
- Marriage Contract
- NBI Clearance
- Police Clearance
- Senior Citizen Card
- Pag-Ibig Member’s Data Form
- Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) Card
- ID Card issued by Local Government Units (e.g. Barangay, Municipality, or City)
- ID Card issued by Professional Associations
- Baptismal Certificate
- Alien Certificate of Registration
- Transcript of School Records
- Permit to Carry Firearms issued by the Firearms & Explosive Unit of PNP
- Temporary License issued by Land Transportation Office (LTO)
- Permanent Residency ID
- Certificate from:
- Office of the Southern/Northern Cultural Communities
- Office of Muslim Affairs
- Certificate of Licensure/Qualification Documents/Seafarer’s ID & Record Book from Maritime Industry Authority
- Certificate of Naturalization from the Bureau of Immigration
- Bank Account Passbook
** No need to bring any pictures as the agency will capture your photo on the spot.
2. VISIT ANY OF THE FOLLOWING PHILIPPINE GOVERNMENT AGENCIES
- Social Security System (SSS) – See all SSS Offices within Metro Manila
- Government Service Insurance System (GSIS)
- Pag-Ibig – See all Pag-Ibig Offices within Metro Manila
3. GET A UMID FORM
– Forms are available at enrollment centers . It can also be downloaded online via GSIS (government employee) or SSS website (private employee or self-employed or OFW).
Click below to download the form .
Accomplish the UMID Form. Make sure to double check all the information you’ve entered.
Below are the data required to accomplish the UMID Form:
Full name of applicant
Name of Father
Mother Maiden’s Name
Date of birth
Place of birth
Any prominent distinguishing features
Taxpayer ID Number (TIN)
4. VERIFYING UMID FORM
Submit your form along with your valid IDs.
5. ID CAPTURE, FINGERPRINT AND SIGNATURE
Once you’ve got verified, you’ll be asked to transfer to another window for an ID picture, to scan your fingerprints and to sign on the signature pad.
6. WAIT FOR UMID CARD TO ARRIVE BY MAIL
After your ID capture, you will have to wait for 30 days to receive your UMID ID by mail. If you fail to receive the ID after 30 days, inquire to your nearest SSS Branch Office.
Related topics for this article: "UMID ID", "philhealth id", "how to get sss id", "how to get philhealth id", "sss id requirements", "umid", "unified id", "how to get umid id", "requirements for sss id", "sss id"