Malacañang has just released the 2017 list of Holidays!
The 2017 list of holidays was composed both of regular and special holidays.
And, good news, October 31 has been included to give time for families to prepare for the observance of All Saints Day, which falls on November 1.
The 2017 list of holidays were below listed under Proclamation No. 50:
- New Year’s Day – January 1 (Sunday)
- Araw ng Kagitingan – April 9 (Sunday)
- Maundy Thursday – April 13
- Good Friday – April 14
- Labor Day – May 1 (Monday)
- Independence Day – June 12 (Monday)
- National Heroes Day – August 28 (Last Monday of August)
- Bonifacio Day – November 30 (Thursday)
- Christmas Day – December 25 (Monday)
- Rizal Day – December 30 (Saturday)
Special (non-working) holidays:
- Chinese New Year – January 28 (Saturday)
- EDSA People Power Revolution Anniversary – February 25 (Saturday)
- Black Saturday – April 15
- Ninoy Aquino Day – August 21 (Monday)
- All Saints Day – November 1 (Wednesday)
- Last Day of the Year – December 31 (Sunday)
- Additional special (non-working) day – October 31 (Tuesday)
Further, according to reports, October 31 was specified in the Proclamation to “strengthen family ties”.
This will also allow the public yo have ample time in preparing for All Saints Day (observed in the Philippines as All Souls Day), as well as “promote domestic tourism.”
As the Palace has an early release of 2017 list of holidays, this will also help Filipinos plan their vacations ahead of time.
Related topics for this article: "malacananholidays"