March 31 Advisory: MAYNILAD SUSPENDS PIPE RE-ALIGNMENT PROJECT UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
Maynilad Water Service Interruption During Holy Week
Maynilad is realigning its seven-foot-tall water pipeline along Juan Luna and Hermosa Streets in Manila to gave way to the flood interceptor project of the Department of Public Works and Highways.
This pipe realignment will involve exposing, dewatering, realigning and energize the seven-foot-tall water pipeline which will lose 72 hours to concessions. As a result water supply interruptions will be felt in southern portions of our concession areas from March 31 (Holy Tuesday) to April 3 (Good Friday).
In another article:
West Zone concessionaire Maynilad Water Services, Inc. is reminding its customers to store enough water for the Holy Week water service interruption that will be triggered by the flood control project of the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH).
The DPWH project will cause rotating water interruptions—ranging from 28 hours to 14 hours—in parts of Pasay, Las Piñas, Parañaque and Cavite, from Holy Tuesday (March 31) to Good Friday (April 3).
For the complete list of affected areas, visit www.mayniladwater.com.ph.
To ensure that its affected customers have enough safe water during the scheduled interruption, the company is providing the following tips on how to store water safely:
- As much as possible, store water in containers that have covers. Water stored in open containers should be used within one or two days. Boil the water if intended for drinking or cooking.
- Store water in multiple containers, large and small. Drinking water should be stored in clean and disinfected containers that can be firmly closed.
- Light and warmth promote algae and bacteria growth, so store containers in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Water stored in plastic containers should be kept away from gasoline, kerosene, pesticides or similar substances because vapors from these products can penetrate plastic.
- Never store water in containers that were previously used to store toxic substances.
- Freeze water for additional supply during the water service interruption. Once melted, the ice can be used for cooking or drinking.
- To avoid water contamination, clean cisterns, drums and overhead tanks before filling them with water.
- Empty household bleach bottles can be used to store water for cleaning.
- Use clean food-grade containers to store water for cooking and drinking.
- Disinfected plastic soda bottles, glass canning jars and juice bottles can be used to store water for drinking and cooking.
For further information regarding the Holy Week water service interruption, affected customers may call their Hotline 1626.
Related topics for this article: "maynilad advisory", "maynilad water interruption schedule", "maynilad water interruption", "maynilad schedule water interruption", "maynilad water interruption 2015", "maynilad water interruption schedule august 2015", "maynilad water interruption advisory 2015"