MMDA (Metro Manila Development Authority) released its advisory on road closures today for the celebration of 29th People Power Anniversary .
Based on announced list by Edsa People Power Commission (EPPC) for 29th People Power Anniversary activities, majority of program will be held along EDSA Shrine and People Power Monument. This is expected to affect traffic from Ortigas to Santolan area. MMDA announced that the stretch of Edsa northbound from Shaw Boulevard to Santolan would be closed to traffic at 12:01 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday.
- Shaw Boulevard to Santolan and all perpendicular roads from east side including Internal Avenue, Garden Way, Julia Vargas, Bank Drive, Guadix, Poveda, Ortigas Avenue, Corinthian Subdivision Gate 2, White Plains, Santolan
- Ortigas Avenue including Meralco-Ortigas junction southbound and Ortigas Avenue-Connecticut northbound
- White Plains from White plains-Katipunan southbound
Since February 25 is only a school holiday, commuters and motorists travelling to work are expected to pass EDSA . Also as previously announced , number coding will not be lifted today.
To ease the traffic situation, MMDA has come up with list of alternative routes. Here are the planned alternate routes:
- Right to McKinley Road to C5 to destination
- Right at Kalayaan Avenue to C5 to destination
- Take Rockwell flyover, left turn to Estrella and utilize Estrella/Pantaleon bridge which is now open to traffic
- Right at J.P. Rizal C5 to destination
- Right at Pioneer St. C5 to destination
- Right at Shaw Boulevard C5 to destination
- Right at J. Vargas C5 to destination
- Right to Santolan, left turn to Ortigas Avenue, right turn to Wilson, left at P. Guevarra and Shaw Boulevard, right turn to Edsa to point of destination