It has been recently reported that road closure will take effect to several roads in Metro Manila. This will start on Friday, February 5, until Tuesday, February 9.
Motorists and commuters are advised to anticipate the following road closure list:
1.C.P. Garcia Street (February 5 to February 9)
Starting on Friday, February 5 at 11 p.m. until Tuesday, February 9 at 5 a.m., the Department of Public Works and Highway (DPWH) reported that there will be a road work in C.P. Garcia which will be conducted at the south bound, second lane from the sidewalk of C.P. Garcia Street from M a. Regidor Street to F. Florentino Street in Quezon City.
In order to avoid inconvenience, affected motorists are advised to take alternative routes at Magiting Street, Maginhawa Street and R. Magsaysay Avenue in the University of the Philippines (U.P.) Diliman.
2. Skyway (February 6 to February 7)
Condura marathon will also be starting at 10 p.m. February 6 and ends at 7 a.m. on February 7. Thus, the Skyway Traffic Command Center said there will be a road closure in the Skyway’s elevated portion to give way on this event.
3.Multiple areas for the Philippine Red Cross event (February 6)
A run for a cause will also take place near the Mall of Asia, Bonifacio Global City, Quezon Memorial Circle and Marikina Heights. These areas will serve as a run site on Saturday, February 6, hence, heavy traffic is anticipated. The event is expected to assemble its participants at about 4 a.m. and will end at approximately 10 a.m.
4.Caloocan City (February 7 to February 8)
Also, in celebration of Caloocan City’s 54th Anniversary and the Chinese New Year countdown and concert, portions of the Bonifacio Memorial Circle (BMC) connecting EDSA, McArthur Highway, Samson Road and Rizal Avenue from 12:01 a.m. on February 7 to 7 a.m. on February 8.
However, the northbound lane of EDSA will be open for two-way traffic. Only EDSA southbound and Rizal Avenue link to BMC will be closed to traffic.
Affected motorists for the road closure in Caloocan area may take the following routes:
- All EDSA vehicles going to Samson Road should turn right to McArthur Highway, and then take Pinagkatipunan Circle going to Gov. Pascual Street, and take Araneta Avenue going to Samson Road.
- All city buses going to McArthur will not be allowed to take the BMC route to avoid further congestion. All buses should turn right to Gen. Simon Street, left to Calle Cuatro and right to McArthur Highway.
- All vehicles from EDSA going to Sangandaan, Rizal Avenue, Manila, should turn left to A. De Jesus Street, right to 10th Avenue and proceed to destination on A. Mabini Street.
- All vehicles from Rizal Avenue, Manila should turn right to 10th Avenue, left to B. Serrano and make a right turn to EDSA and proceed to destination.
5. MOA, Roxas Boulevard, Intramuros (February 7)
On February 7, half of the road from the Mall of Asia to Plaza Mexico in Intramuros will be used for non-motorized mobility where people can walk and bike. This is in lieu of the Share of the Road Movement. Assembly is expected to commence at 5 a.m. near MOA.
Commuters, motorist is then suggested to anticipate the aforementioned road closures in order to avoid travel inconvenience.